Saturday, March 1, 2014

Keukenhof for Kids

On a visit to Amsterdam, I packed up my husband and kids and sent them into the city while I took a bus out to the famous open air gardens of Keukenhof. Then I spent the next three hours wishing I had brought them with me.  Hidden around every corner was something else for kids to climb over, run through, or play on. Keukenhof is a giant playground for kids!

Here are just a few of my favorite things for kids to do at Keukenhof:

1. Explore a windmill
 

2. Dance in front of the old organ
3. Take a boat ride around the gardens
(about 45 minutes. €8 adults/€4 children/under 3 free)
 
4. Solve the hedge maze
 


5. Eat "poffertjes" at the Small Pancake Pavilion
 

6.  Play in the Miffy playground
 
 

7. Criss-cross the many bridges over the canals
 
 
 

8. Play chess on the giant chess board
9. Walk among the sheep in the petting zoo

 
10. Try on a giant wooden shoe (you know you want to!)
 

 
 

IF YOU GO:
Keukenhof is open March 20-May 18, 2014
Hours: 8:00-19:30, ticket office closes at 18:00
€15 adults/ €7.50 kids 4-11
Plan 3-4 hours, more for older children
Bring jackets, a camera, and a blanket to sit on. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment